Facilities HistoryCheck out our new Interactive Map
Established in 1953, the Geneva Park District began with four parks: Wheeler, Dryden, Island and McKinley Park. From four parks and a small number of athletic programs we have grown to 50 parks, occupying over 700 acres and 3,200 recreation programs offered annually. Over the span of more than 50 years we have made great strides in meeting the needs of a growing community.
The park district has constructed bike/pedestrian trails, playgrounds and parks, athletic fields, an outdoor aquatic center & water sprayground, a community center, a recreation center, two fitness centers, miniature golf course, and a skate park as well as acquired many arces of open space.
The park district has 40,000 program participants and offers various programs which include preschool, a before & after school program, arts and crafts, trips, special events, athletics, dance, martial arts, gymnastics, tumbling, camps, toddler, youth, and adult programs.
Visit the New 50,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art Stephen D. Persinger Recreation Center today!
Use the links on the left to learn more about each of our facilities.